Updated Maps Link: Zoomable , mobile friendly, regularly updating, etc maps;
- a) If you are in a large group think about contacting the pubs well before to say you may be in. Especially if you are doing this during the week when there may usually be less staff.
- b) Watch when football games are on the Inner Anti-Clockwise and the Outer- Clockwise from Buchanan Street will be busy before the game( reverses after game ).Use this to your advantage to avoid crowds.
- c) Nobody has to serve you in any bar especially if you are drunk or an idiot.
- d) Look after each other
- e) Get a kitty going. Nobody likes to have ten people order and pay for one drink at a time, and it slows you down as well.
- f) Make a list of drinks. Saves you and the bar staff time and headaches.
- g) You are probably not the only group out so dont expect to magically get served first when you go in a bar. You are not a special snowflake
- h) You are not the first people to have heard about or gone on a subcrawl.
May 2015 Dear oh deary me April 2015 Posted in subway carriages. Dont know if specifically target at Subcrawls but why make specific mention of alcohol. SPT might like the money it generates but not the people. Similar passive singling out as their previous poster at Kelvinbridge Underground ( July 2015; noticed that these have now been updated to remove the "Alcoholic" part which is a better way to present the whole message. )
subcrawl.org for New Glasgow Society )
It was updating this map to the existing bar names that made me attempt to make an up to date version. One of the few that aims to go anti clockwise. ( From The Laurieston )
[ May 2014 update: FYI Old Toll Bar is currently closed; Louden Tavern at Ibrox is only open on home match days ] My map . ( pseudo CRM title :-) ). Based on an old Coporation map with bits that dont exist ( eg the docks and streets ) removed and station names corrected. Interesting choice of bars .
Juat another chance to how maps can be different; Velvet Elvis is shut and is now Six Degrees North; Inn Deep and Curlers arent keen on larger sub crawls turning up; Palm Sugar ?? no Dows or Waxys ; Brazen Head is a long walk out of the way; Jacksons is probably better bet thaan Station.
See also Subcrawl info on; my update of subcrawl.org map subcrawl.org http://tubecrawl.wordpress.com/ barcrawl.co.uk out of date getaroundglasgow.co.uk out of date wikia.net Urban Dictionary python-glasgow tumblr Yelp ( NB None of the following are updated and rarely link to active websites; http://www.subcrawl.co.uk/, http://www.subcrawl.net/ )